Portland Pack Walk
BY HEATHER DOWDY
The Northwest Dog is so excited to partner with our friends at Fi + Mimi to co-host our first Portland Pack Walk! Bring your friendly, leashed pups and join us for a group nature walk at beautiful Powell Butte Nature Park in Portland!
We’ll meet at 4pm on Saturday, September 22nd at the pavilion/restrooms at the trail head next to parking lot. Safety rules + meet-up details are listed underneath the flyer below.
1) If your pup is great with other pups, tie a green bandana or cloth to their leash… if your pup is nervous interacting with other pups and might be leash reactive, tie a red bandana or cloth to their leash to signal that your pup needs extra space. We want ALL pups to enjoy walking and to feel safe and at ease!
2) Please give extra space to any pups with red flags on leashes! Many of these are rescues learning how to be around other dogs and they need our help. This will help them to learn to feel safe around other pups and allow them to be properly socialized!
3) As a general guideline, it’s a great idea to leave a 6′ spacing between dogs along the walk to avoid crowding or scuffles.
4) Bring plenty of water to stay hydrated and please bring poop bags to keep the park clean!
5) While our hosts are coordinating this community meet-up, neither Fi + Mimi nor The Northwest Dog assumes any liability for you taking part in this public walk. Like with any hike, you participate at your own risk.
The nature trails at Powell Butte are relatively easy and meander through meadows. On clear days, five mountains can be seen from the park! It includes over nine miles of trails, including a 0.6 mile paved trail which is disabled-accessible.
You can find more information on the park facilities and trails here.
TAG YOUR PACK WALK INSTAGRAM PHOTOS #PORTLANDPACKWALK + #THENORTHWESTDOG FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED!