Fall Pack Walk
BY HEATHER DOWDY
Our first Pack Walk was such a success that we’re excited to announce our next one!
Join us on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 1pm to hike the Catherine Creek Arch Loop on the Washinton side of the Columbia River Gorge.
At about 3.5 miles, the trail is a moderately trafficked loop located near Lyle, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. A lower section is paved with views of the Columbia River, while a longer upper loop meanders past a waterfall and has views of Mt. Hood on a clear day. Dogs are required to be on-leash at all times.
Directions to the trailhead can be found here.
1) All leashed pups are welcome! If your dog is reactive, please tie a red bandana or cloth to their leash to signal that your pup needs extra space. We want ALL pups to enjoy walking and to feel safe and at ease!
2) Please give extra space to any pups with red flags on leashes! Many of these are rescues learning how to be around other dogs and they need our help. This will help them to learn to feel safe around other pups and allow them to be properly socialized!
3) As a general guideline, it’s a great idea to leave a 4-6′ spacing between dogs along the walk to avoid crowding or scuffles.
4) Bring plenty of water to stay hydrated and please bring poop bags to keep the trail clean!
5) While we are coordinating this community meet-up, The Northwest Dog does NOT assume any liability for you taking part in this public walk. Like with any hike, you participate at your own risk.
We look forward to seeing you!